Hi Erasmus people!!!
On Saturday, November 10th ESN Bologna will organize a trip to some of the most picturesque places of Bologna’s Apennines.
In the morning, we’ll visit the Santa Maria Assunta Church by Alvar Aalto architect in Riola.
This church is an example of contemporary sacred architecture. Alvar Aalto, a Norwegian architect, wanted this project to be integrated with the surrounding environment. You will be able to observe elements that recall nature, and the lightning is completely natural.
By midday, we’ll move to the great Rocchetta Mattei, built more than 200 years ago by Count Mattei, a visionnaire scientist interested in esoteric matters and the founder of electrohomeopathyopaty himself. With his fame and experience he was able to cure many noble families of his era, including the royal Russian family, who traveled all the way to the Rocchetta.
At the Rocchetta, we’ll follow a professionally guided tour.
How about lunch?!
You can bring food from home, or you can buy local groceries in a small store near the Rocchetta, and then… surprise! For now, we’re only telling you to wear shoes that can stand a small walk ;)
It is going to be a wonderful day in the fresh air of the Apennines, with amazings views and surrounded by various architectonic styles: functionalism, medieval, and the hypnotic beauty of Rocchetta Mattei. It’s a perfect plan for a Saturday of Autumn!
- 09:00 AM meeting in piazza di Porta San Donato
- We'll be at the church at around 11:00 AM and we’ll have time to visit it freely
- At 11:30 AM we’ll go to the Rocchetta
- We’ll form two groups for the guided tour: one starts at 11:45 AM, the other at 12:00 AM. It will take approximately 1 hour and a half
- At 1:45 we’ll stop at a local grocery store for those who need to buy food (or beer…) and then we’ll move to the picnic location… in a medieval village? On a lake? More details will be provided later on
- We’ll leave at around 4:30 PM
- We should be in Bologna by 6PM (or earlier)
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Fee is only 11 €, and it includes:
To sign up for this trip, please fill THIS FORM